Red Velvet Cake Baking Contest
Do you make the best Red Velvet Cake in the South? At the family reunion, is your Red Velvet Cake the first to be devoured? Can you whip up a Red Velvet Cake that would rival a Martha Stewart creation? Are you considered the Red Velvet Queen or King? If so, then this is the cake baking contest you have been waiting for. The Clemmons Community Theatre is having a Red Velvet Cake Baking Contest in conjunction with their fall performance, “The Red Velvet Cake War.”
CAKE BAKING CONTEST RULES
1. Cake can be made in any form (i.e. sheet, two layers, form pan, etc.).
2. Cake cannot be a store- bought cake.
3. All Cakes will be judged on presentation, taste, and texture.
4. The Cake must be submitted for judging on cardboard or a disposable plate.
5. Recipe must be submitted with the entry, printed on one side of 8-1/2” x 11” paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. Entrant’s name, address, and phone number must be printed on the back.
6. Cakes must be registered between 10:00 am – 11:00 am on Saturday, October 8 at The Villa in Clemmons. The Villa is located beside of Party World. Judging will take place at 11:3O.
7. All Cakes will be auctioned off to the highest bidder during the Cake Auction at Noon. All proceeds will benefit the Clemmons Community Theatre. For more information call 336-293-8447 or click on “Cake Baking Contest” at
A hand mixer and two tickets to the show.
Cake decorating kit and two tickets to the show.
Basket with scented candles from Potterwyx and two tickets to the show.